20A

Interview 1: Jeffery Futernick
Jeffery Futernick was the President of Smith Cartage, Inc., which is a trucking company based out of South Florida. I am filling the domain expert with this individual. I found this individual through my friend; he is her dad and has been a part of this company his whole life as his father founded the company. I conducted an interview with him via FaceTime and he provided me information about how he ensures the safety of his drivers when they do long distance drives. Including this person enhances my ability to exploit an opportunity allows me to gain another perspective on how people drive long distances without being distracted.

Interview 2: Marco Martinez
Marco Martinez is a former professional motorcycle racer and currently owns a full-service bike shop in South Florida. The slot that I am filling is a market expert, not only does he have experience with vehicles, he knows how they work and advocates against distracted driving. He offers a training program for those who want to learn how to be safe on the road. I found this individual through my dad; he is his close friend and trusts him with his vehicles. I conducted a interview with him via FaceTime. He provided me information about his training program and why he offers it to people who are experimenting with vehicles. This person will enhance my ability to exploit an opportunity because he has hands on experience dealing with those who want to learn about being safe on the road.

Interview 3: James Rivchin
James Rivchin is a car dealer based out of South Miami, Florida. He owns a total of 3 car dealership and has been in the car business for more than 40 years. He would fill in the slot of a supplier to the industry. I know him because he is my dad, so I called him and conducted an hour-long interview. He provided a lot of insight on the dangers of distracted driving and the efforts being done in the car industry to ensure safe driving. He claims that if there was new apps or sources of safety precautions for distracted driving, people who work in the automotive industry would support it. Including James in my network will help me understand how people in the car industry feel about new advances in hopes to create safety.

This experience helped shaped how I will participate in future networking events by allowing me to understand how to contact people and how to conduct interviews in a professional way. This experience did differ from other experiences because they were all conducted either through a phone call or via FaceTime.

Comments

  1. Hello Jaylynn! I think all of the people you have interviewed are such great sources and will be able to help you along the way and in the future. Each interview you had seems to have great insight in their own way. It is great that you were able to talk to people that could give you a little bit of their experience and what they had to go through to get where they are now. I think listening to each of these people will only help you and if anything give you some people to maybe call and network with even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaylynn,
    I think that the three people you interviewed were genius. They seem to have great knowledge about your market, supply, and domain. Your market expert is genius. By using someone who is a motorcycle racer is very smart. While bobbing and weaving at hundreds of miles per hour, motorcycle races require elite focus. Marco can help drive home the point of focus maybe through a commercial or as a promoter on his motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13A- Reading Reflection No. 1

19 A